On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 12:46:29AM -0400, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > Gary Clark wrote:
> >>3) Do any of the current VMs support the 1.5 features? Off the top of my
> >>head I don't recall if anything changed within the VM to support them.
> >
> > I'll let Etienne, Archie, Dalibor, et al describe their status wrt Java
> > 1.5 support.  The IBM VM can switch to 1.5 support trivially but we are
> > limiting it to 1.4 until there is reasonable coverage in the open source
> > VMs.

We'll have 1.5 support out of the box for the next Kaffe release.
Guilhem has checked in the code, so I just need to find some time to
make the build system work with a generified glibj.zip, and see if we
are missing some changes from the GNU Classpath 1.5 VM interface.

We need it for ant on the gump, since it's stuck trying to
build code for a 1.5 VM without having some of the classes & enums.
There is a bug report for it on the ant bugzilla, but it gets boring
to have to patch ant to work around the VM version detection code. It
is simpler to just give it what it wants, a 1.5-ish VM. ;)

In other words, Gump is great for discovering that sort of issues.

cheers,
dalibor topic