Weldon Washburn wrote:
Robin,

I did a diff of the mmtk/vm directory. It looks like nothing really changed
in the vm interface code which is good.  Am I understanding this right??

That sounds about right. And (famous last words) I think the interface will probably remain stable for a while now.

I did notice a change in utility/scan/mmtype.java. getSlot(ObjectReference,
int) returns addr.plus(VM.ARRAY_BASE_OFFSET).... instead of
...plus(arrayOffset)...

I actually stumbled on this bug during bringup.  I replaced
...plus(arrayOffset)... with ...plus(12)...  Its a hack.  But now it looks
like I simply set ARRAY_BASE_OFFSET to 12 during <clinit>.  Does this seem
right??

That's the intent, yes. Each VM provides its array base offset as a constant.

cheers