Hello Boris,

I'm not an expert in security. I even couldn't keep a pin of my credit
card secured from my wife. :-)

Anyway, few weeks ago I faced a problem with tests which failed due to
java.policy file forgotten by a release engineer in his home directory.

We decided that changing the java.security.policy property and invoking
refresh() is a hacker style, so we had to write our security manager
implementation. I have just checked that the guy who actually made the
fix implemented the property hack.

That is why I vote for the second choice. It is much simpler and we can
migrate to the first method later if needed.

Does it make sense?

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Middleware Products Division