On 10/18/06, Dmitry Yershov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2006/10/17, Mikhail Fursov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Is there any progress in this area?
> Just an interest, because I think that properties refactoring is rather
> important task.

Yes, I'm working on it. I'll provide first patch soon. This patch will
introduce new properties module according my proposal and yours
advises. Then I'll provide second patch which does full re factoring
in VM properties area.

Thanks! Now I have a peace of mind :)

> + Does anybody knows the answer on the following question:
> All JIT settings are VM properties. User can change the behaviour by
> redefining them. Does it affect TCK certification?

I don't know the answer, but current implementation does not store JIT
settings into VM properties. It enables these settings through
function:
    (*jit)->next_command_line_argument("-Xjit", arg);  (see
parse_arguments.cpp)

No. That was the behaviour before the last BBC. The code you mentioned is
obsolete and must be removed.

As for today all of JIT settings are system properties and Jitrino.OPT will
not be able to compile anything without these properties.
See opt.emconf file for details. For example, add -Djit.CS_OPT.path=false as
cmd-line option in -Xem:opt mode and the only thing Jitrino.OPT will do is
to refuse to compile anything.

This behaviour is the reason for the question about TCK certification.

--
Mikhail Fursov