Guys,

Could you please help me to understand the following?

1. Is HARMONY-1904 actually a duplicate of my HARMONY-1879?
2. Ivan, do I remember correctly that you've already fixed that bug once
when debugging Eclipse long run failures? Where is that patch?

Thank you in advance.

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering

Signals
>> bugs
>> > are very hard to debug.  And diagnostics can help us all understand
the
>> > corner cases better.
>>
>> But so far, no one has shown that the system hangs, or can hang,
simply
>> because we return EINTR....
>

>Sorry for not being clear.  I was reacting to the patch in 1904 itself.
>Not
>the bigger issue of fixing the upper layers to comprehend EINTR.  My
>understanding is that this patch does not fix the problem.  This patch
does
>not return EINTR.  If for whatever reason this patch is committed, I
>recommend adding the above diagnostic code so that we don't dig
ourselves
>an
>even deeper hole.
>
>If it is decided 1904 should not be committed, it might make sense to
>close it with  "won't fix".
>
>geir

>> the

calls