I'll need to consult within the MMTk world, but my preference would be to
distribute jar files for the vmmagic and mmtk interfaces, separate to the
implementation.

Leave it with me.

cheers

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

>>     Mikhail Fursov wrote:
>>      > Folks,
>>      > I'm preparing the first patch with VM helpers inlining framework
>>      > implementation.
>>      > The Java fast-path helpers use org.vmmagic.unboxed classes (or
>>     "magic"
>>      > classes ) to use address arithmetic in helpers. That is the
>>     mmtk.jar is
>>      > required to build these classes.
>>      > The problem is that I do not know what is the best place to put
>>     mmtk.jar.
>>      > Should we make it downloadable from some 3rd party page? My vote
>>     is -1
>>      > here.
>>
>>     Why not?  We do that for everything else, where we can.
>>
>> I agree with Geir.  Its best to try to stay out of the business of
warehousing 3rd party stuff.  Let's download MMTk.jar from a web page
during "build fetch-depends".   We can change this if it causes
problems. Robin Garner, can you help us with this?  What is the best
URL for this?