Alexey wrote,
> > At the same time I don't feel
>> completely comfortable with the idea of using preprocessor to
separate
>> J2SE sources from J2ME.

A preprocessor looks a possible choice for maintaining several profiles
(eg Java ME vs Java SE). We need compact and preferably precompiled
sources to be efficient on small devices.

There is one more option. Can we use a good source control system
instead? Java ME workspace could be a child of Java SE one. I believe
something like BitKeeper or Teemware can keep things different when
needed and propagate bug fixes and patches painlessly for the common
part.

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering