While the DaCapo 'chart' benchmark runs successfully, it differs from the production VMs (on Linux) in that it requires a valid X-windows display. Gnu Classpath also has this problem.

From conversations with the JFreeChart maintainer, we know that JFreeChart relies heavily on Java2D and parts of AWT. My guess is that the harmony and classpath libraries are more eager than the production libraries in initializing the X windows display.

For the record, the 'chart' benchmark produces Pdf output from a graph specification, so there's no reasonable expectation that it would require a display.

Not what I'd call a problem, but someone might like to add it to their list.

cheers

--
Robin Garner
Dept. of Computer Science