My father in law, Amnon's Hadary has a new book out.  As it has a US isbn
we (Jerusalem Books) will not be carrying it.  But you can order it thru me
or thru Amnon directly
(<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]).  As newly
published, the cost of the book is $15.00 plus $2.50 for airmail shipping
(advertised price is $16.75 plus shipping).

This new book "But Is It Jewish?" explores how writers of the 3rd Jewish
Commonwealth have not only gone to the well of ancient and traditional text
to find inspiration but have drunk deeply of it's waters - to create a
modern body of work with ancient echoes.

Paperback, BiblioBooks, 186 pages / ISBN: 0-9766681-1-4

Amnon Hadary was born in Palestine in 1929, spent the years '38 to '48 in
Chicago, and returned to the Land of Israel in time to serve in the Palmach
during the War of Independence.  So he has experienced life in the diaspora
in one of the world's oldest democracies and homecoming to one of the
newest.  A member of a kibbutz for 20 years, he spent the past 35 years in
Jerusalem, working, writing, editing and lecturing.  His first book, in
Hebrew  - Ruah B'li Hatzalah / ha-Roman ha-Yehudi ba-Amerika (To Royal
Estate: The American Jewish Novel) was a critique of American Jewish
literature.

Married, with children and grandchildren, his commitment to Zionism remains
vital:  its realization attainable only through the imperative of
peace.  The affirmations of an unrepentant Zionist are written in that spirit.
There will be a limited book signing tour - mid-September and October in
NY, Philadelphia and Chicago areas -by the author (and Rivka) please feel
free to contact them for further details and an invitation and even the
possibility of setting up a lecture while they're in the states.

Wendy Weiss Simon
Jerusalem Books
POB 26190
Jerusalem 91260