Heather--

We ran into this as well; this issue is that the old EJ can't run on
computers that have TOO MUCH (!) memory. We came up with this
(somewhat complicated) fix:

1. go to RUN on the "start" menu.

2. type in (in capital letters): MSCONFIG

3. click OK.

4. click on the tab "BOOT.INI"

5. under that menu, click on 'advanced options'

6. it'll bring up a little menu. you'll see a number of boxes. click
the first one MAXMEM. that should pop up a number in the little box
to the right. if this number is higher than 512, you are going to
have problems running the program (this is because the EJ is old and
for some reason cannot run on computers configured with TOO MUCH memory).

7. delete whatever number you have there and instead type in 512.
leave the box clicked.

8. hit OK or CHANGE until you get out of the menus.

9. it will prompt you to restart your computer so that the new memory
number can go into effect. do this.

10. when your computer comes on again, it'll notify you that you've
changed your memory setting. ignore that. use EJ and it should work fine.

11. important: when you are done with EJ, you'll have to set your
computer back to its regular memory setting so that your computer
runs smoothly. to do this, you go and do all of the above steps. when
you get to step 9, type in your regular memory (mine is 1024) and
then UNCLICK the box. then you will be prompted to restart your
computer, etc etc..you'll get the message about having reconfigured
your memory. check and make sure you're running at your max again.
unfortunately you have to do this each time you use EJ because it's
such an old program.

Best of luck & Chag Sameach,

Dan
Dan Wyman Books  www.danwymanbooks.com
47 Dartmouth St, Springfield MA 01109
ph: 413.846.6357   email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]