JEWISH LIFE IN THESSALONIKI BEFORE THE HOLOCAUST

Friends,

We are honored to act as distributors for the following important
museum catalog documenting the archives of the primarily Sephardic
Jewish community of Thessaloniki (Salonika), Greece:

Naar, Devin, text. WITH THEIR OWN WORDS: GLIMPSES OF JEWISH LIFE IN
THESSALONIKI BEFORE THE HOLOCAUST. Thessaloniki, Jewish Museum of
Thessaloniki, 2006. Paper Wrappers, Oblong 8vo, 46 pages.
In English and Greek. Museum catalog to accompany the exhibit, "'With
their own Words:' A documentary exhibition of the archives of the
Jewish Community of Thessaloniki. Glimpses of Jewish life in
Thessaloniki before the Holocaust." As the title would suggest, the
exhibit and catalog focus on publications, documents and manuscripts,
including books, periodicals, broadsides, ledgers, and other paper
items. The museum notes that "In this exhibition, for the first time,
we present documents of the pre-war archives of the Jewish Community
of Thessaloniki, in which we find the indelible imprint of the life
of the Jewish community of our city prior to the destruction wrought
by the Holocaust. With great emotion we discover the words of our
parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents and learn the stories,
successes and struggles of the Jews of our city." Printed on Glossy
paper, includes many color photos and facsimiles. Much on Ladino.
None listed in OCLC yet. New Condition. (ID# 17646)
$35.00

Images are available online at www.danwymanbooks.com/sef/thessaloniki.htm

Shipping is $4.00 within the US and $7.00 everywhere else.

We prefer payment by credit card but can also accept settlement by
check, paypal, or cash. Institutions may request and invoice for payment.

Please hit reply to purchase this important addition to your library.

Thanks,

Dan
Dan Wyman Books  www.danwymanbooks.com
47 Dartmouth St, Springfield MA 01109
ph: 413.846.6357   email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]