OF PRAYERS FOR JEWISH WOMEN

Friends--

We forward this announcement to hasafran on behalf of the author:
.
Chag Sameach,

--Dan
---------------------------

My new book HOURS OF DEVOTION: FANNY NEUDA'S BOOK OF PRAYERS FOR
JEWISH WOMEN is now out from Schocken Books.

It's my verse adaptation of Fanny Neuda's 19th-century "Stunden der
Andacht." The book has been getting some terrific press, as it's the
first English translation in over a century. The Forward newspaper
calls it a "milestone," one of the "notable firsts . . . in the world
of Jewish women."

HOURS OF DEVOTION, originally published in German in 1855, was the
first Jewish prayer book for all occasions to be written by a woman for women.

Take a look at my web site: www.dinahberland.com, and click on
"Links" to read some recent reviews and features.

Dinah Berland
Hours of Devotion:
Fanny Neuda's Book of Prayers for Jewish Women
Office: (310) 440-6229
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.dinahberland.com