Book of Latvian Jews

 From a colleague in Latvia; please contact her if you need the information

form.

Thanks,

Dan
------------------

My name is Victoria Shaldova, I am an executive director of Jewish
community "Shamir", Riga, Latvia.

Activity of "Shamir" is aimed to commemorating the memory of Latvian
Jews. The most significant project of us is Latvian Jewish
Encyclopedia, which gathers information about all the Jews, connected
to Latvia. It will be a memorial for the Latvian Jews, which do not
exist now. We have gathered already more than 2 500 biographic and
thematic entries and it is a half of the proposed amount. It covers
the period of time from 1561 to 1991.

Now we are looking for additional information about Jews, born or
anyway connected to Latvia and living abroad. If you have information
about such people, could you pass the information to them?

I would like to invite you to participate in the project of
Encyclopedia with any information you have on the topic or pass the
information to people, who may be interested in it.

All the information will be included into the  Latvian Jewish Encyclopedia.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

thank you in advance,

Victoria Shaldova

Religious community "Shamir"
tel.    + 371 67270827
mob. + 371 26517506
fax.   + 371 67271793
sha...@apollo.lv
www.shamir.lv

Dan Wyman Books, Inc. www.DanWymanBooks.com
Regular Hours Tues & Thurs 11-7 (Phone First)
12 W. 27th St, 13th flr,   NY, NY 10001 (b/w B'way & 6th)
Correspondence & Billing: PO Box  110857   Brooklyn, NY 11211
d...@danwymanbooks.com  v: 718.963.0410  c: 347.564.3954  (note new nrs.)

We Find Good Homes For Nice Jewish Books <<<