Andrea Rapp raised an important question: "Do any of you have a release form
you use when interviewing congregants for oral histories...."

As it happened, I recently discussed this issue with an expert at Michigan
State University. The question has two answers:

1. When you interview a minor, you must obtain a release from that child's
parents. When the child "comes of age," you are legally obligated to obtain
a release from this now-adult person if you wish to make further uses of
those materials.

2. When you interview an adult, you must obtain a release at that time of
the interview. I spent decades in Instructional TV at MSU, and we have
releases on file from all people whom we interviewed.

Dr. Don Weinshank Professor Emeritus Comp. Sci. & Eng.
1520 Sherwood Ave., East Lansing MI 48823-1885
Ph. 517.337.1545   FAX 517.337.1665
http://www.cse.msu.edu/~weinshan