Two of particular interest are
www.eliusa.org

Founded in 1979, the Israel Association for Child Protection (ELI) is
recognized by the Government of Israel and other human service agencies as
the only organization in Israel that deals specifically and exclusively with
all of the various aspects of child abuse. The organization has worked
tirelessly to increase the awareness of the problem by educating the public
at large, by training professionals, by lobbying policy decision makers, and
by providing vital information to potential victims and parents - all in
order to expand ELI's ability to give assistance.

www.jspcashelter.org

The JSPCA is Jerusalem's largest animal shelter organization. The Society
runs a shelter in the Atarot industrial area of Jerusalem - a shelter which
has been in continuous operation since 1970.
We never refuse an animal if it is hurt, on the street or in a dangerous
situation. Our shelter is a rescue shelter: Most animals that are not
adopted live out their natural lives with us. That is why our shelter is
generally overcrowded and often filled beyond its capacity. At any given
time we house up to 300 dogs and 100 cats.
In addition to our shelter, we have a vet clinic, with emergency
capabilities.The JSPCA has an extensive spay/neuter program, we believe the
only way to help deal with the current pet overpopulation.
[My son is going to support this shelter as his mitzvah project for his
barmitzvah and we visited it last week - well worth donating to it]

Linda Press Wulf