L'shalom, safranim

I figure out there is someone who is able to provide advice for an
adult student (namely me) who wants to improve her Hebrew. I can read
script (Biblical) - but do not speak it.  I will have folks to speak
with around here, and am interested mostly in improving reading - but
I figure speaking the language can't hurt...I recently did my first
Torah reading and loved it.

Is it better to study in a US intensive class - eg something like
Brandeis or Middlebury or others? do ? or better to find an ulpan and
spend a month or two in Israel (obviously - I don't think I'm going
to become fluent overnight.) No - can't leave and just spend a year
in Israel...wish I could! (Unless you know of an incredible
fellowship program....)

Todah rabah

Nancy