Dear Colleague,

       We are very pleased to announce the availability of a landmark
work in Geniza Studies.  Dr. Elazar Hurvitz has spent many years
cataloguing the Geniza fragments at Westminster College in Cambridge,
England.  The result is this 2-volume masterpiece of scholarship, an
essential reference work for scholars in the field.

       Ordering information is below.

Catalogue of the Cairo Geniza Fragments in The Westminster College
Library, Cambridge by Elazar Hurvitz Yeshiva University New
York:  Cairo Geniza Institute, Yeshiva University, 2006

VOL. I:  The Cairo Geniza. A Historical Introduction to the Antiquity
and Discovery of the Geniza from Cairo, Egypt

VOL. II:  Catalogue of the Cairo Geniza fragments in the Westminster
College Library The Lewis-Gibson Collection. Including a detailed
description and identification of over 2,500 fragments written in
Hebrew and Judeo-Arabic.

A forthcoming Vol. III will include the publication of selected texts
from the Westminster College fragments. It will contain important
discoveries in various fields of Jewish studies and supplementary
material of fragments from the very same manuscripts that are
scattered in other libraries which possess fragments from the Cairo Geniza.

A more detailed description of this work may be viewed at the website
of Schoen Books:<http://www.schoenbooks.com/>http://www.schoenbooks.com/

Order exclusively from:

SCHOEN BOOKS

7 Sugarloaf Street, South Deerfield, MA 01373

Tel.: 413-665-0066 and email:

<<mailto:sch...@schoenbooks.com>mailto:sch...@schoenbooks.com><mailto:sch...@schoenbooks.com>sch...@schoenbooks.com

Please contact Ken Schoen to order and arrange payment method (credit
card, paypal or check accepted); universities can be invoiced.

______

HARDCOVER (in Hebrew with English Introduction in Vol. I)

ISBN: 978-0-615-31448-8

Vol. I: 22, 172, XIII pp.

Vol. II: 23, 237 pp. + 40 pages of plates Price for volumes I and II:
$250.00 + S&H ($25 USA and $50 airmail foreign)