Friends, a number of you on the list have expressed the desire to
provide our Shavzin-Carsch Children's Collection with old children's
books that we lack and that you may have, but no longer need or
desire, in your own collections.
   After going through the Jewish Book Annual bibliographies of the
1940's and 1950's, I have the following list of books that are
missing from our collection.  If you have any of these, and are
holding off weeding them but would like to put them in an appropriate
special collection, please let me know.  Here is the "A-List"-in no
particular order:

The People of the Book: A Bible History for School and Home by Dr.
Maurice Harris
Scripture Stories retold for Young Israel, by Rabbi Mendel Silber
  Danny Bumps into Chanukah, by Sadie Rose Weilerstein
   Our Baby, by Sadie Rose Weilerstein  (a baby record book)
     The Five Books of Moses selected and translated for Jewish Youth
by Ben-Ami Scharfstein
  Birth of the Jewish People, by Ben Aronin
   A Wonder ful Shabbos, and Rocket Trip to Israel, by Robert Sol
Chanukah is Fun Chanukah is Coming, by Robert Sol
  Kindergarten Kit for the Jewish Child by Tamar Grand
Alef Bet Fun by Lillian Abramson and Jessie B. Robinson
     With Jewish Child in Home and Synagogue, by Elma Levinger
Volume 3 of Sulamith Ish-Kishor's The Bible Story
     Children's Passover Haggadah, trans. by Ben-Ami Scharfstein
     The Dreidel Who Wouldn't Spin, by Libby Klaperman
     Passover in Song and Story, by Charles Wengrov
     Haggadah for Young American Jews, by Isidor Krakower
     Calendar for Israel's Children (Lion the Printer)
Freckle Face Frankel, by Leota Keir
    Israel, by Peggy Mann (a 64 page paperback)
   A Jewish Child's Book, illus. by Katherine Myrilla Cohen (JPS 1913)

Thank you,
Andrea Rapp
Wise Temple, Cincinnati, Ohio