Friends--

We hope you had a great Shavuot! We are pleased to make available to
you another fine exhibition catalog from the Library of the Jewish
Theological Seminary here in New York:

Mintz, Sharon Liberman. Charm, Havva. Deitsch, Elka.
IMAGE AND IMPRESSION: RARE PRINTS FROM THE COLLECTION OF THE LIBRARY
OF THE JEWISH THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY OF AMERICA

New York : Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America, 2002.

ISBN: 0873340892. Paper Wrappers, Square 8vo (8-1/4" X 8-3/4"), 127
pages. Illustrations on every leaf(!), many in color.  Beautiful! 22 cm.

Contents: Sanctuary and synagogue: the experience of the Portuguese
and Ashkenazic Jews in Amsterdam;  Visions of glory: engraved
portraits of Jewish personalities, 1600-1900; From Eve to Esther:
images of women in biblical prints; Culture and costume: depictions
of Jewish dress across five centuries.  "The 5,500 prints in the
library's collection include portraits, biblical scenes, topography,
customs and ceremonies, depictions of life cycle events, caricatures
and costume prints. The collection documents every conceivable aspect
of Jewish life and culture and represents a vibrant visual record of
the Jewish people over the last five hundred years" (JTSA). "This
catalog was issued in conjunction with the exhibition Culture and
costume : depictions of Jewish dress across five centuries, held at
the Library from December 12, 2002 to March 31, 2003."

SUBJECT(S): Jews -- Civilization -- Exhibitions. Jews -- Social life
and customs -- Exhibitions.  New Condition.

$30.00 + nominal shipping ($5 US, 13 Int'l).

Please let us know and we'll send you a copy.

Thanks!

Dan
Dan Wyman Books LLC.   www.DanWymanBooks.com
183 Ainslie St.  Brooklyn, NY 11211
Catalogs Issued  Search at
www.danwymanbooks.com/searchpage.php  Browsing by Appointment
d...@danwymanbooks.com   v: 718.963.0410
We Find Good Homes For Nice Jewish Books <<<