Thank you - Hasafran readers have come through once again - here are some of
the
answers that I received to my query on where to purchase Israel children's
books:

Robbin Katzin
Hillel Torah North Suburban Day School
Skokie, IL

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Are you looking for books in Hebrew?  There are two big chains:   Tzomet
Sefarim
(Book Junction) and Steimatzky, which you can find in every  mall.

There are some great used books stores in Jerusalem, although they tend to
have
a lot of English books:

Siman Kriah (also known as BookMark)
Location: Bak’a |  1 Esther Hamalka St., corner 33 Bethlehem Rd; between Derech
Hevron and Derekh  Bet Lehem;
Tel: 02-673-1934
and
in Hebrew.

There are a number of options including Tzomet Hasfrarim and Steimatsky, of
course. Each has branches in the main malls. I always buy there when I am in
Israel   They occasionally have sales. Steimatsky also has a website you can
order from in the  US .

Tamir  Books has a wonderful selection.  I worked with them last winter as we
rebuilt our library after the fire at adjoining Kehillat Jeshurun in the
summer
of 2011.