 From: Steven M. Bergson <safran-...@yahoo.com>
To: Hasafran <hasaf...@lists.osu.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 9:48 AM
Subject: [ha-Safran] request for a story - tough challenge

I was recently given the challenge of finding a Jewish story / folk song / folk
tale / legend / myth / fairy tale which can pass the "Bechdel test".

from http://bechdeltest.com/ :

To pass the Bechdel test

* 1. It has to have at least two [named] women in it
* 2. Who talk to each other
* 3. About something besides a man

The "named" in brackets is part of the way the Bechdel test is written and I'm
fine with the women being unnamed, since many Jewish stories have nameless
characters anyways.

I've run Google searches, looked at a Chassidic story website (probably not the
best place to look), and looked through stories in 6 anthologies I borrowed
from my local library (including a Yemenite one).

I've had no luck so far.

Can anyone on the list point me in the right direction &/or suggest a story
(not biography)?

You may reply off-list at safran-...@yahoo.com (or on-list if you want to share
it with everyone).

Much thanks for any and all help.