From: Hasafran <hasafran-boun...@lists.osu.edu> on behalf of Beth Braunstein
<braunsteinb...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 8:14 PM
To: Elliot Gertel
Cc: <hasaf...@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu>; hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: [ha-Safran] Defeat of "Resolution on Libraries and Schools
Affected by the Conflict in Gaza and Israel in 2014"

Kol hakavod up you

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2015, at 2:15 PM, Elliot Gertel
<eger...@umich.edu<mailto:eger...@umich.edu>> wrote:

I just came from ALA Council meeting I at ALA Annual Conference in San
Francisco.  The "Resolution on Libraries and Schools Affected by the Conflict
in Gaza and Israel in 2014" was discussed  surprisingly briefly mostly thanks
to the motion by one of the Council members to end discussion and move the
question.  Just as that motion to close the discussion carried by over a 2/3
vote of Council, the resolution itself was overwhelmingly rejected.

More later as time allows.

Elliot H. Gertel
Irving M. Hermelin Curator of Judaica
Curator (Interim), Jewish Heritage Collection
The University of Michigan
Area Programs
111-C Hatcher Graduate Library North
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1190
Phone: 734-936-2367
eger...@umich.edu<mailto:eger...@umich.edu>
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments send to:
galro...@osu.edu<mailto:galro...@osu.edu>