As a grandparent, I have enjoyed many of the books. My main concern is a heavy
and repetitive focus on the holidays.  A lot of books get recycled back to us.
Some books are written especially for the program.  Since the original aim was
to reach out to unaffiliated families, I can understand the focus on holidays.

The program has focused on newborns to age 6 in the past but now has a new,
additional focus for mid to upper elementary schoolers

The Hebrew version used in Israel
and with Israelis in the US focuses mostly on Jewish values and ethics.  Some
are from Israel and some are translations of books from English. I wish the
English books had more of these.

I found out that a Spanish version has recently begun in some Spanish speaking
countries.

Local sponsors help pay the costs.

All the best,
Dina Tanners