Magen David Sephardic Congregation Presents

Farewell, Aleppo  My Father, My People, and Their Long Journey Home

Book talk with journalist & author Claudette Sutton

Thursday, March 23, 2017, 7PM
Magen David Sephardic Congregation
11215 Woodglen Drive
Rockville, MD  20852

Journalist Claudette Sutton tells the powerful story of Selim Sutton, a
merchant with centuries of roots in Syria where Jews had lived for more than
two thousand years. During the powerful surge of anti-Semitism in the 20th
century, it was clear that the family had to find a new home. Sutton’s poignant
narrative blends her family’s life with the broader story of a people’s
survival in both native lands and far away countries. With several young
children and little prospect of obtaining enough visas, Selim Sutton devised a
plan to bring his family to a new life in America. The author shares an
important, and nearly forgotten, epoch of Jewish history, and explores
universal questions of identity, family, and culture.
This program is open to the public - $5.00 admission

For more information, contact Andrea at 301-770-6818 or
and...@magendavidsephardic.org<mailto:and...@magendavidsephardic.org>