Dear Colleagues,

As you begin to build your schedules for ALA, please consider including this
excellent program:

How to Be an Influential Librarian - Leading and Mentoring from Wherever you Are
https://www.eventscribe.com/2017/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=250937
Sponsored by: ALCTS Leadership Development Committee
Cosponsored by: LLAMA Mentoring Committee and the ALA New Members Round Table
(NMRT)

Saturday, June 24th from 1:30-2:30 pm

Librarians in any stage of their career can learn to be influential leaders in
not only their own organization, but the library world as a whole. Attendees
will learn how to build and leverage strong mentor/mentee relationships, both
formal and informal, allowing them to connect and influence from either role.
By focusing on interpersonal and communication skills, attendees will be able
to effectively support their colleagues and organization by leading from
wherever they are.

Our speakers represent librarians from early, mid, and late career points. We
have Madison Sullivan (a new librarian at the University of Washington and
formerly a fellow at NCSU), Rachel Fleming (the Collections Initiatives
Librarian at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga), and Maureen Sullivan
(leadership consultant and past president of ALA). We're hoping this session
will be engaging, allowing both speakers and attendees to connect and share
their experiences.

On behalf of the LLAMA Mentoring Committee

Richard Guajardo
Head of Resource Discovery Systems
University of Houston
W: (713) 743-9984 | guaja...@uh.edu<mailto:guaja...@uh.edu>