I echo my colleagues in congratulating David Hirsch on his impactful,
international career that stretched the boundaries of “field librarianship” in
the extreme. I had the pleasure of visiting him at UCLA and see, first-hand,
some of the treasures he collected in less-travelled parts of the globe.
David’s exemplary contribution to collection building of Judaica and Islamica,
in multiple languages, is indeed inspiring to many at AJL and MELAnet.

Congratulations, David!
Rachel

Rachel Leket-Mor, MA, MLIS
Associate Librarian
Curator, Open Stack Collections
IsraPulp Collection
Arizona State University Library
Phone: 480-965-2618<tel:(480)%20965-2618>

Editor-in-Chief, Judaica Librarianship
Association of Jewish Libraries
http://ajlpublishing.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ajlpublishing.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=tPhupptxc3iJD_aguos4yYwVn8L-XoTF6quFAv1XH-k&m=fYT5kav0HpRt3jEgHukyuv1TBaQt1tNSOgcqYL8Ppz8&s=JpejBpRrGt81URf0_tsaZZfyYrhf5nXz-R8rxH9ZDtw&e=>