Thank you all for responding so quickly to my question! I have many wonderful
pictures now and the staff member is delighted. This is the best resource.
-Susan

From: Hasafran
[mailto:hasafran-bounces+skusel=templerodefshalom....@lists.osu.edu] On Behalf
Of Susan Kusel
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:35 PM
To: Hasafran To Post <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Subject: [ha-Safran] Newspaper pictures from 1948

Hi everyone,
 A staff member at my synagogue is looking for historic newspaper headlines
that announce Israel's statehood. They need to be the images of the front
pages- not just the full text of the articles.

I was able to find pictures of the front pages for the New York Times and the
Washington Post for May 15, 1948, but she would also really like pictures from
European and Israeli newspapers.

If you have access to a database that can do this, and have time to send me a
PDF or JPEG, it would be greatly appreciated. Google does not have the kinds of
images she is looking for.

Many thanks,
-Susan

Susan Kusel