Shalom,

We've had Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday...to AJL of course.
Now it's time for Proposal Wednesday. The deadline for proposals to present
at AJL's 54th Annual Conference outside of Los Angeles June 17-19, 2019.
I've pasted the Call for Papers below, so send in your brief proposal
today, and I'll see you in LA.

Happy Hanukkah,

Jackie

CALL FOR PAPERS: 54TH ANNUAL AJL CONFERENCE
<https://jewishlibraries.org/blog/id/402>

The AJL 2019 Conference Committee is now soliciting paper proposals for our
upcoming conference at the Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills, CA from
June 17 - 19th, 2019.

We are seeking papers and presentations on all aspects of Judaica
librarianship as it pertains to libraries, archives, museums, schools,
synagogues, and related institutions. This year we would like to emphasis
*hands-on* sessions. We are especially soliciting proposals dealing with
digital humanities and Jewish Studies and sessions aimed at the needs of
high school librarians.

Past topics have included: collection management, programming, reader
advisory services, special and rare collections, cataloging and
classification, digital and electronic resources and emerging technologies.
  Presentations on Jewish resources in Los Angeles Jewish library
collections and local authors would also be welcomed.

Submissions should include the following:

*       Presenter's name, address, affiliation, telephone and email
contacts.
*       Brief biography
*       Title of proposed presentation
*       Summary of proposal not to exceed 300 words
*       Specific technology or equipment requirements, if any

All submissions must be received by November 30, 2018.  Please submit
proposals by e-mail (PREFERRED) to: confere...@jewishlibraries.org

*Proposals will be reviewed by the Program Planning Committee, composed of
national and local AJL members. Notification will be made in January, 2019.*

--
Jackie Ben-Efraim

*"Although the books had changed, I the reader had not." **Micha Yosef
Berdichevsky 1865-1921*

Special Collections Librarian
Ostrow Library
American Jewish University