Here is a summary of the nine responses to my Google Form survey that was sent
out on Hasafran (eight from day schools, one from a synagogue school):

Are students physically returning to your school this fall?

All but one school have students returning to school in person or in hybrid
mode.

Where are you teaching library classes?

No schools are teaching library classes in the school library; 5 are teaching
in the classroom, one both on Zoom and in the classroom, and one only via Zoom.
One has not yet decided.

How will students select books to check out?

There were a variety of responses to this question, with many schools using
more than one method:

Students will select books from a cart that is brought to the classroom - 5

They will select books from the OPAC, and the books will be delivered to the
classroom - 6

Students email their choices, which are then delivered to the classroom - 1

Students fill out a Google form to make book bundles for individual students to
browse - 1

Dedicated books will be used in the classroom during free reading (DEAR) time -
1

Teachers can borrow books, which will be quarantined for 3 days upon return.
Students probably won't check out books - 1

Have reserved books delivered to students at carpool - 1

EPIC and pdf - 1
Not decided yet - 3
I did not include a question on how to handle book check in (quarantining the
materials, how long, etc.).  If you have decided how you will be handling this
in your school library, please email me and I can share the responses.
Robbin KatzinHillel Torah North Suburban Day School LibrarySkokie, IL