This is from the Library of Virginia. I don't have any more information about
it, but saw it on the Viriginia Library Association listserv and thought it
would be of interest to this group.

Shabbat shalom,
-Susan

GENEALOGY VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
Portals to a Jewish Heritage: Researching Jewish Genealogy with a Southern
Accent
Friday, May 7, 2021, from 10:00 AM–11:00 AM
Online
$15 ($10 for Library of Virginia members)
Registration:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eventbrite.com/e/portals-to-a-jewish-heritage-researching-genealogy-with-a-southern-accent-tickets-136978579619__;!!KGKeukY!kceShAaa6o45OD1irXGRYujGdAY-EoyB69iqMbzl6JmpcsXgg7je6h_EqUwdVKJqyA1fcNUzEmw4vMc$

Even the most avid students of Jewish genealogy find that the thousands of
databases, books, and websites devoted to the subject can make their quest for
information a daunting one. What you really need is a knowledgeable guide and
some practical tips and strategies.

Karen S. Franklin is ready to provide them as she outlines the process to
successfully explore general family history websites such as
Ancestry.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://ancestry.com/__;!!KGKeukY!kceShAaa6o45OD1irXGRYujGdAY-EoyB69iqMbzl6JmpcsXgg7je6h_EqUwdVKJqyA1fcNUz7qSJIks$
JewishGen.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://jewishgen.org/__;!!KGKeukY!kceShAaa6o45OD1irXGRYujGdAY-EoyB69iqMbzl6JmpcsXgg7je6h_EqUwdVKJqyA1fcNUzC3pxdl8$
 >, and, of course, local archives and libraries. Franklin will feature a
Richmond Jewish family as she demonstrates how to use these tools. Contact
Ashley Ramey at
ashley.ra...@lva.virginia.gov<mailto:ashley.ra...@lva.virginia.gov> or
804.692.3001 for more information.