Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 18:03:47 +0000 (UTC)
From: kpeter3...@aol.com
To: "hasafran@lists.osu.edu" <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Subject: [ha-Safran] ideas of what to do with Hebrew books....?

Hi all,? ? ?My synagogue library is doing a major overhaul this summer and I'm
getting rid of all of our Hebrew books for adults and most of the children's
Hebrew books.? We have very few Israelis in our communities, and our Religious
School students' level of Hebrew proficiency is not adequate for most of the
books we have, plus we have plenty of teaching materials at their level.? ?
?Taking any and all suggestions on what to do with them, especially the adult
books.? There's fiction, political science, history, cookbooks, etc. though
probably none of it was published after, say 2000-2010 and most is older than
that.? Some are possibly classics, like a volume of poems by Pushkin.? My
Hebrew is good enough for the titles, authors and a gist of what the book is
about, but not good enough to actually read them.? ? ?I'd prefer not to have to
toss them unless absolutely necessary and I'm hoping I can find them a good
home, but I will bite the bullet and toss them if I need to.? I
  have 6 BIG boxes of them (probably 200-300 books total) and we just can't
store them any longer.? I've already put in calls to the major universities
with Judaic studies programs in my area and their Hillels, and the regional
Jewish Historical Society but haven't heard back yet.? ? ?Thanks much!? Private
replies welcome unless you think they'd be of interest to the group.?? ? ? ? ?
? ? ?Judy Petersen? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Library Director? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Congregation
Har Shalom? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Fort Collins, CO