Thanks Kathy for bringing this to our attention.  Rebecca spoke beautifully.
Kol ha-kavod!

Shoshanah
________________________________
From: Hasafran <hasafran-boun...@lists.osu.edu> on behalf of AJL PR via
Hasafran <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2022 9:53 AM
To: hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu
<hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: [ha-Safran] ALA Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Assembly "Lightning
Talks"

Dear Safranim, On Monday, March 28, I had the honor of attending the ALA's
Equity, Diversion, and Inclusivity Assembly, which consisted of five very
important and powerful "lightning talks" by a group of incredible speakers. Our
own Rebecca ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
<https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!skQd_Whho8igi5qRv4-KNM4YidSSx2UGWfpny2oNwgnyDsOO79X5dCm_Th2N6eHVa4kAjUXSjTZp114S6JJ1bMlakTgoAGltVGRYA460eqDgx045-BqbF3927MbOnw$>
Report Suspicious

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Dear Safranim,

On Monday, March 28, I had the honor of attending the ALA's Equity, Diversion,
and Inclusivity Assembly, which consisted of five very important and powerful
"lightning talks" by a group of incredible speakers. Our own Rebecca Levitan,
SSCPL vice president, was one of the speakers. Rebecca did a remarkable and
empowering job of laying out our issues as Jews in the library world.

A link to the program is below. I encourage you to listen to all of these
speakers, but most importantly, take a few minutes to listen to Rebecca and
Kelvin Watson speak. They both delivered heartfelt, experiential messages.

Thanks,
Kathy B.

On Monday, March 28th, the ALA Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
(<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ala.org/aboutala/edi-assembly__;!!KGKeukY!mbM83A3g3RtdBl8s8r5sopnXMQDUxoq0b8kAc_uQOY9TVCdgMIX6azCDsQG8KwG1X96g-dWe_-rVT7k$>EDI)

Assembly<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ala.org/aboutala/edi-assembly__;!!KGKeukY!mbM83A3g3RtdBl8s8r5sopnXMQDUxoq0b8kAc_uQOY9TVCdgMIX6azCDsQG8KwG1X96g-dWe_-rVT7k$>
 hosted a panel of speakers to present five "lightning talks" on various topics
related to EDI. These talks were informative and powerful, and we are pleased
to share the recording for the event
here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ala-events.zoom.us/rec/share/djJZ1al2mdJ0Rrcfybom_gbi7OJoKtIVdTWsrAw25VQelDNhgGVrCvBmN44FdWE6.2R2M145510dfqScJ?startTime=1648496069000__;!!KGKeukY!mbM83A3g3RtdBl8s8r5sopnXMQDUxoq0b8kAc_uQOY9TVCdgMIX6azCDsQG8KwG1X96g-dWeRte7U2o$>.

Here are the titles of the lightning talks:

  *   "June is Over But I'm Still Queer: Supporting LGBTQ+ Library Workers All
Year”—Cassie Miller, DEI Officer, Baltimore County Public Library, and Rebecca
Oxley, Librarian III, Prince George County Memorial Library System
  *   "Inviting the Uninvited”—Kelvin Watson, Executive Director, Las
Vegas-Clark County Library District, and a Past President of BCALA
  *   "Can You Hear Us? Acknowledging AAPI Communities”—Karen Liu, Youth
Services Coordinator, Utah State Library
  *   "Diversity Needs: Jewish Voices”—Rebecca Levitan, Vice President,
Schools, Synagogues, Centers, & Public Libraries Division, Association of
Jewish Libraries
  *   "Intersections in Libraries”—Kel Hughes Jones, Ed.D., Reference &
Instruction Librarian, Waukesha County Technical College

The agenda for the Assembly, including contact information and resources for
the presenters, can be found
here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSLFMBf36WAC90vuftXnN6zEvpbojmrjdnW6ns1cfJxysO5Ht3vdPkzWDKCf2PqaMPD-G_1Kkjib3iS/pub__;!!KGKeukY!mbM83A3g3RtdBl8s8r5sopnXMQDUxoq0b8kAc_uQOY9TVCdgMIX6azCDsQG8KwG1X96g-dWe7K9ts-Y$>.

If you are interested in joining the EDI Assembly, you can sign up through the
ALA Volunteer
Form<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ala.org_aboutala_committees_volunteer_frm-5Fvol&d=DwMGaQ&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=0Gd0WArIQ0esKTTtS15ZqBsmNMY-gnC2tCYxepz_Ukg&m=U96n-DP6TnVTtBsZ1KK6vNAgMAvnspzrdmjRg0zPi_4&s=ZwabbjOwaPIde-euIl68AxDEC-Q0SYhLIaWPadtmg6k&e=>.
 Choose ALA from the drop-down menu. You will have the option to choose from
different committees; select EDI Assembly.