Mazel Tov Lisa! In addition to the wonderful accolades expressed already, I
personally have benefited from your excellent mentorship as Co-editor on
AJL News and Reviews. I greatly appreciated your "showing me the ropes" and
thank you for sharing your wisdom with me over the last couple of years.
Kol Hakavod! A Zissen Pesach!
With much appreciation and gratitude,
Ellen

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 11:33 AM Rachel Kamin via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 11, 2022 Contact: Paula Breger, Public
> Relations Chair
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.jewishlibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!hiblFACYR5AD_TSKYtUn4qEMmQSzOWk1vGlLfFSFpChtust66-NSzguL9xkQJ65rDkY$
>   p...@jewishlibraries.org The
> Association of Jewish Libraries Announces the 2022 Fanny Goldstein Merit
> Award Winner ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
> This Message Is From an External Sender
> This message came from outside your organization.
> Report Suspicious
>
> <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!vwQd0oYND6YhRRdxf24FVyHnDrSgYoWTme1ZgoOj4vrE0VgNINS-X5XUPZC1XkkhptAz5oCV6w8izrxF3ZT0aW6GzkNvVlkO3F56c6CIEh8WCD3jhVb42c2fX4QjP5P9doFW6TXaCQKkOsw$>
>
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
>
> *FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*
>
> April 11, 2022
>

> Contact:
>
> Paula Breger, Public Relations Chair
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.jewishlibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!hiblFACYR5AD_TSKYtUn4qEMmQSzOWk1vGlLfFSFpChtust66-NSzguL9xkQJ65rDkY$
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.jewishlibraries.org/__;!!KGKeukY!iUub1_WC6xpAGm1R_yXmWXtJHsBkWozDPE69vbYCxVKw-v5L7dxWsn_B6j6bP8FZ--E$>
>
> p...@jewishlibraries.org
>

> *The Association of Jewish Libraries Announces*
>
> *the 2022 Fanny Goldstein Merit Award Winner*
>

> The Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL) is proud to announce that
> longtime member Lisa Silverman has been named the 2022 Fanny Goldstein
> Merit Award Winner. The award, named for the librarian, social activist,
> and founder of National Jewish Book Month, is bestowed in recognition of
> loyal and ongoing contributions to the Association of Jewish Libraries and
> to the profession of Judaica librarianship.
>

> Lisa Silverman began her career as a day school librarian at the Sinai
> Akiba Academy in Los Angeles and Adat Ari El Day School in Valley Village,
> California. She spent 15 years as the library director at Sinai Temple in
> Los Angeles, providing library services and educational programming for the
> day school, religious school, and synagogue community including teaching
> adult education classes, facilitating book groups, and hosting author
> events, family programs, and film discussions. In 2015, Lisa became the
> library director of the Burton Sperber Jewish Community Library at the
> American Jewish University in Los Angeles where she designed the new space,
> built the collection, and provided extensive programming. She also
> developed and launched a new online digital Jewish Community Library
> Consortium of California in partnership with the Jewish Community Library
> of San Francisco.
>

> Lisa’s involvement with the Association of Jewish Libraries began when she
> attended her first conference in Los Angeles in 1992, and she has made
> countless contributions to the organization and the profession over the
> [...]

Ellen Drucker-Albert
*Assistant Editor in Chief, AJL News and Reviews*
*Co-Editor, Children’s and Teen Literature, AJL News and Reviews*