Our school library has just received a donation of a book called "A time
for toys" by Margaret Wild - It has been more recently been published under
the title "Let the Celebration begin". Though the front covers are
different, the rest of the book is the same.  In view of lots of discussion
about who should write Holocaust books, the softening of the horrors of the
camps, and where the focusof such stories sit, I am curious to know how
people feel about this book.  The illustrations (and narrative honestly)
make me feel uncomfortable though I cannot explain why, and the more recent
edition has a rationale and background in the back by the author and
illustrator.  They talk about the sensitivity of the illustrations and
storyline, but I am somewhat uncomfortable with the whole book.  I would
appreciate others' thoughts and insights, and whether you have put it in
your library.
Thank you
Karen Hering, MLIS
retired academic librarian