Dear all,

Uploading a few back issues of Judaica Librarianship to the journal’s site
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org/index.php/jl/issue/archive__;!!KGKeukY!xhQeqNWZnA2phHJXmW-G-mogqO8yWEUPxcL2lMYAOw-SeWjwXAHUTWY9KIHNw2yI9yZBM6PpJj90c5YnOH4AeaGD4iJzGmbc9D3lEm43stE$
 ) convinced me finally that the scope of this project is just too much for one
person. I am asking the help of a few AJL members, preferably catalogers, who
would be willing to capture the metadata of about 300 files representing back
issues #1–6 of AJL’s peer-reviewed journal, Judaica Librarianship.

The volunteers should have a good grasp of metadata creation and controlled
vocabulary and be ready to work collaboratively on a google sheet. Once I have
this spreadsheet filled out, I will upload these back issues to the site.

I would also appreciate the help of those who have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro,
to help me with text recognition and other PDF editing functions of the scanned
files.

Back issues (~300 files, including cover art)

  *   6 (1992): 44 files
  *   5:2 (1991): 19 files
  *   5:1 (1990): 40 files
  *   4:2 (1989): 36 files
  *   4:1 (1988): 40 files
  *   3 (1987): 40 files
  *   2 (1985): 31 files
  *   1:2 (1984): 24 files
  *   1:1 (1983): 17 files

I am happy to answer any questions – by email, phone, Zoom, or in-person in
Philadelphia.

Thank you,
Rachel

Rachel Leket-Mor, Librarian
Curator, Open Stack Collections

IsraPulp Collection, Curator
Center for Jewish Studies, Center for Maghrib Studies, Affiliate
Arizona State University Library

Editor, Judaica Librarianship (2012–Present)
Association of Jewish Libraries
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org__;!!KGKeukY!xhQeqNWZnA2phHJXmW-G-mogqO8yWEUPxcL2lMYAOw-SeWjwXAHUTWY9KIHNw2yI9yZBM6PpJj90c5YnOH4AeaGD4iJzGmbc9D3lx7Y_434$

The ASU Library acknowledges the twenty-three Native Nations that have
inhabited this land for centuries. Arizona State University's four campuses are
located in the Salt River Valley on ancestral territories of Indigenous
peoples, including the Akimel O’odham (Pima) and Pee Posh (Maricopa) Indian
Communities, whose care and keeping of these lands allows us to be here today.