From: Hasafran <hasafran-boun...@lists.osu.edu> on behalf of Rachel Leket-Mor
via Hasafran <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Date: Friday, June 17, 2022 at 09:25
To: Hasafran@lists.osu.edu <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Subject: [ha-Safran] Call for Papers: Judaica Librarianship 23
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
Dear all,

Volume 22 of Judaica Librarianship
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org__;!!KGKeukY!0E3WPD3l0LG7RqNIIiGrWyLsDEt8A6WuDbgd6QoRv_kyGXSwkgsD1Jd50jMs6j5jwjoOyWfXit-1hDfGBu_8RKCqUt9MQVA$

)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ajlpublishing.org)m__;!!KGKeukY!ziYphMaGeSfbFMm656tXV7JruABKi4EXvescjUKO2o2TAXRbi15glGdKvxYcP8AcBJFKV6VBIHc33Em4saaTLDEcpVNGMHE$>,
 co-edited by myself and Nadav Sharon of University of Toronto Libraries, will
be published later this year, after a two-year hiatus. The pandemic took its
toll on many of us, and I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding
the delayed publication. Essays related to the provenance of Judaica
collections frame the main theme of this issue, but it contains a verity of
other topics as well, relevant to both divisions of AJL.

Judaica Librarianship Editorial Board met earlier this month for its annual
meeting to discuss, among other things, a call for papers for JL 23. We call
your attention to the fact that the journal will celebrate 40 years of activity
in 2023(!).Your creative ideas on how to celebrate this milestone in form of
journal submissions are needed—please let me know how you would like to
contribute to this issue. I look forward to discussing any ideas you may have!

In addition, JL would welcome submissions on the following topics:

  *   Provenance of entire collections or specific items, and theoretical
approaches to provenance in Jewish libraries (continued from issue #22)
  *   Digital preservation of and access to Judaica collections
  *   Outreach in Jewish libraries
  *   Cataloging as a research process, including any challenges (entire
collections or specific items)
  *   Judaica collections in Ukraine
  *   Jewish libraries after COVID

A big thank-you to JL Editorial Board members for their continuing support and
guidance, and special thanks to Roger Kohn who served on the board for 18 years!

  *   Zachary M. Baker, Stanford University Libraries, Emeritus
  *   Annette Goldsmith, Kent State University School of Information
  *   Rachel Heuberger, University Library Frankfurt, Emeritus
  *   Rebecca Jefferson, University of Florida Libraries
  *   Arthur Kiron, University of Pennsylvania Libraries
  *   Roger Kohn, Library of Congress
  *   James Rosenbloom, Brandeis University Libraries, Retired
  *   Nadav Sharon, University of Toronto Libraries
  *   Nancy Sack, Copyeditor

Best wishes – hope to see many of you in Philadelphia,

Rachel

Rachel Leket-Mor, Librarian
Curator, Open Stack Collections

IsraPulp Collection, Curator
Center for Jewish Studies, Center for Maghrib Studies, Affiliate
Arizona State University Library

Editor, Judaica Librarianship (2012–Present)
Association of Jewish Libraries
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org__;!!KGKeukY!0E3WPD3l0LG7RqNIIiGrWyLsDEt8A6WuDbgd6QoRv_kyGXSwkgsD1Jd50jMs6j5jwjoOyWfXit-1hDfGBu_8RKCqUt9MQVA$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ajlpublishing.org__;!!KGKeukY!ziYphMaGeSfbFMm656tXV7JruABKi4EXvescjUKO2o2TAXRbi15glGdKvxYcP8AcBJFKV6VBIHc33Em4saaTLDEce0Xjp9w$>

The ASU Library acknowledges the twenty-three Native Nations that have
inhabited this land for centuries. Arizona State University's four campuses are
located in the Salt River Valley on ancestral territories of Indigenous
peoples, including the Akimel O’odham (Pima) and Pee Posh (Maricopa) Indian
Communities, whose care and keeping of these lands allows us to be here today.