Freelance Archivists for Processing Projects

The Archives of the Leo Baeck Institute (LBI) in New York is looking for
archivists for freelance processing projects.

The Leo Baeck Institute, located at the Center for Jewish History in Manhattan,
is an archival repository and library devoted to Jewish history and culture in
German speaking lands from earliest times up to and through the Holocaust. The
majority of our archival collections are from 1880 - 1940. You can learn more
about the Leo Baeck Institute by accessing our website at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.lbi.org__;!!KGKeukY!ylX56dgxAizR_UK0GFDCyUuRgAb7dnd2KMXrV6ukTro3s48K-38n0YXDzjeZRQ3QBD-bafoEn3VSJ5NTcFcHediAKQx_sixa$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/Lh_LCqxkrXSLxv2fX4shi?domain=urldefense.com__;!!KGKeukY!ylX56dgxAizR_UK0GFDCyUuRgAb7dnd2KMXrV6ukTro3s48K-38n0YXDzjeZRQ3QBD-bafoEn3VSJ5NTcFcHediAKSPP_UOC$

The Freelance Archivists will work in close coordination with our senior
processing archivist and our head archivist. The tasks consist of processing
archival collections, often the personal papers of German-Jewish families and
individuals, according to standard archival practices and in-house conventions,
and writing a finding aid.

Requirements: The Freelance Archivists must have an MLS degree from an
accredited college, or studying for it, or have equivalent professional
experience in an archive. A strong reading knowledge of German is absolutely
necessary.

In addition, the Freelance Archivists should have a basic knowledge of the
history of Jews in Germany and Austria; and should be able to handle the
lifting of boxes equal to 30 lbs.

We have several small and mid-size archival collections and will negotiate a
price for each assigned project. Work hours are flexible within our office
hours, Mondays to Thursdays from 9 am to 5 pm and Fridays from 9 am to 3 pm.
Work hours can be accommodated according to the candidate's schedule and based
on Covid restrictions.

To apply please e-mail your resume and cover letter
to Archivist & Head of Public Outreach
Michael Simonson at msimon...@lbi.cjh.org<mailto:msimon...@lbi.cjh.org>

Renate Evers
The Bruno and Suzanne Scheidt Director of Collections
Leo Baeck Institute at the Center for Jewish History
15 W 16th Street | New York, NY 10011
Direct Line: +1-917-606 8216 (voice messages will be forwarded)
rev...@lbi.cjh.org<mailto:rev...@lbi.cjh.org>
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.lbi.org__;!!KGKeukY!ylX56dgxAizR_UK0GFDCyUuRgAb7dnd2KMXrV6ukTro3s48K-38n0YXDzjeZRQ3QBD-bafoEn3VSJ5NTcFcHediAKTm_ZRVy$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.lbi.org/__;!!KGKeukY!ylX56dgxAizR_UK0GFDCyUuRgAb7dnd2KMXrV6ukTro3s48K-38n0YXDzjeZRQ3QBD-bafoEn3VSJ5NTcFcHediAKUKVwKss$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.lbi.org/catalog__;!!KGKeukY!ylX56dgxAizR_UK0GFDCyUuRgAb7dnd2KMXrV6ukTro3s48K-38n0YXDzjeZRQ3QBD-bafoEn3VSJ5NTcFcHediAKWlP9lxS$