From: Hasafran <hasafran-boun...@lists.osu.edu> On Behalf Of Bruchie Weinstein
via Hasafran
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 10:40 AM
To: hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu
Subject: [ha-Safran] Rachail Kurtz

Than you so much for such an informative AJL Conference. I would like to
acknowledge the “Petira”, passing, of one of our own- Rachail Kurtz- this past
January. She was an active member of AJL and NYMA for many years and I felt
that a mention
Than you so much for such an informative AJL Conference.
I would like to acknowledge the “Petira”, passing, of one of our own- Rachail
Kurtz- this past January. She was an active member of AJL and NYMA for many
years and I felt that a mention of both her warm personality and a small
sampling of her accomplishments was warranted.

Rachail Kurtz was the head librarian at Yeshivah of Flatbush HS, after having
been librarian at the Magen David Yeshivah elementary school. As a high school
librarian she led book clubs, coached teams, instituted new programs, planned
and executed school wide Book Day, and helped plan and organize their stunning
new library.
On a personal level, Rachail was my roommate and often fellow presenter at AJL
conferences, my partner at workshops, my erstwhile leader as chairperson of AJL
Accreditation Committee, my predecessor as NYMA Reference Workshop Chair, my
professional “sister” librarian, my sounding board, my colleague, my confidant,
and, always, my friend. Rachail was calm and considerate to a fault, genuine,
kind, fine- as well as brilliant, amazingly competent, productive, innovative,
hard working and excellent at her job. But most of all, she loved her family.
Her children were the most important thing to her- everything from their
schooling, to their
shidduchim, to making the house beautiful for all of them,— and she doted on
the grandchildren. So add to all the attributes- she was an exemplary mother
and grandmother and no doubt wife.
She was an exemplary person. She will be sorely missed by all who knew her.

May we only have s’machot in the future
Bruchie Weinstein
Librarian
Magen David Yeshivah HS
Brooklyn
Sent from my iPhone

[https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://public.mdyhs.net/Images/MDY_HS_Logo_Long_Color_New.png__;!!KGKeukY!zSjwkK9pGEYuXiz9FU5Kyn9wLaLl1-Uf-BvxgM6HGR1AqaFwYMB_ZmDCgIPcPEIeuHXP_DUB7GPgSyuLN8UrDpyjKogU16IaPSl6Mw$
 ]
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html