While I am hardly an expert in Jewish children's literature, I have done a
little research.  Your library probably has one of the biggest historical
collections of Jewish children's literature.  Until the 1960's very few
books outside of text books were especially written for children.  The
K'tonton stories were ground breaking in the field.  Before the book was
published it was turned down many times with the excuse, no one would buy
books for children.  In the 1950's and 60's a few titles appeared.
Children's literature publishing did not explode until the 1970's.

If you can't find the answers in your library, then probably there are no
books with animal characters for Passover.

On a personal note, I can not understand the reasoning for using animals to
represent human characters.  I could give you all the common explanations,
but the concept does not sink into my mind.

I hope this helps.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 12:01 PM Andrea Rapp via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> I have a question from a writer that I cannot answer. It concerns Passover
> songs/stories for children featuring a mischievous frog character. When did
> the frog emerge as a popular character in children's Passover stories. The
> Frog Song (Frogs
> I have a question from a writer that I cannot answer. It concerns Passover
> songs/stories for children featuring a mischievous frog character.  When
> did the frog emerge as a popular character in children's Passover stories.
>  The Frog Song (Frogs here, frogs there, frogs were jumping everywhere)
> may have been the impetus for stories featuring frogs,  such as Pharaoh and
> the Fabulous Frog Invasion, by Osher Werner  (2007). Were there earlier
> such stories? How far back were the first Passover children's books to use
> a funny frog or frogs as characters?
> Any thoughts?
>     Andrea Rapp, Wise Temple Cincinnati
>

> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!3IAiEZYcCPJmtZNO163_azV7Recota5DfAlSCqjsH5kPM3_zPjavYsJ9QNzDl43cpyucs0JCFifsCfBLxWbjrScvNbuYLY64FA$
>
> Earlier Listserver:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!3IAiEZYcCPJmtZNO163_azV7Recota5DfAlSCqjsH5kPM3_zPjavYsJ9QNzDl43cpyucs0JCFifsCfBLxWbjrScvNbuYLY64FA$
>
> AJL HomePage
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!3IAiEZYcCPJmtZNO163_azV7Recota5DfAlSCqjsH5kPM3_zPjavYsJ9QNzDl43cpyucs0JCFifsCfBLxWbjrScvNbuU0wcu6Q$

Daniel D. Stuhlman
Chicago, IL
dstuhlman at  gmail.com

Blog: Kol Safran
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sfl-ind.methone.opalsinfo.net/bin/home__;!!KGKeukY!3IAiEZYcCPJmtZNO163_azV7Recota5DfAlSCqjsH5kPM3_zPjavYsJ9QNzDl43cpyucs0JCFifsCfBLxWbjrScvNbvHSWkYtA$

Stuhlman Library catalog:
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sfl-ind.methone.opalsinfo.net/bin/home__;!!KGKeukY!3IAiEZYcCPJmtZNO163_azV7Recota5DfAlSCqjsH5kPM3_zPjavYsJ9QNzDl43cpyucs0JCFifsCfBLxWbjrScvNbvHSWkYtA$

YouTube Channel
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/@dstuhlman/videos__;!!KGKeukY!3IAiEZYcCPJmtZNO163_azV7Recota5DfAlSCqjsH5kPM3_zPjavYsJ9QNzDl43cpyucs0JCFifsCfBLxWbjrScvNbvSklb1pA$

LinkedIn
profile..https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-d-stuhlman-b49a187/__;!!KGKeukY!3IAiEZYcCPJmtZNO163_azV7Recota5DfAlSCqjsH5kPM3_zPjavYsJ9QNzDl43cpyucs0JCFifsCfBLxWbjrScvNbuJpbt4fQ$