Hi Bob, I also use subject headings on the shelves to guide patrons. I use
Elazar, but it doesn't matter.
Start with the big stuff in larger type, like "Tanach" (or Bible or both),
"Halacha" (or Jewish Law & Thought or both), "Literature", "Sociology",
"History", etc, then subdivide in smaller type, focusing on areas with a lot of
material or that you know your patrons will want to know about. Also, always
include the classification #.
For instance, under 001-099 Tanach, I have "010.5  Dead Sea Scrolls", under
100-199 Jewish Thought, I have "180.1  Martin Buber" and under 500-599
Literature I have "550.9185  Anthologies, Sci Fi".
I also show ranges, like "020-024  Genesis-Deuteronomy".
Hope that helps.
Rachel HausLibrary DirectorCongregation of Moses Fisher LibraryKalamazoo MI

    On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 05:40:58 PM EDT, robert.e.epstein--- via