Many smaller collections, like synagogues, schools, and Jewish community
centers, aren't taking large donations.  In my case, I'm limited on space,
so I focus on newer materials, weeding the older ones to make room. Thus,
most donations don't fit those parameters.  Check with your local colleges
and universities; they are more likely to be interested in filling out
their collections with retrospective donations.  Finally, for the Holocaust
materials, perhaps there is a Holocaust museum or center that can use those
materials to expand their collections.  There are some book dealers
focusing on Judaica, so your materials might be of interest to them.

Emily Bergman
Librarian
Temple Sinai
Glendale, CA
emilyanneberg...@gmail.com

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 3:32 PM Silverburg, Sandy R via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> I am searching for a recipient of donations of Judaica, Holocaust studies,
> Zionist materials in the Charlotte, NC metropolitan area,  a wider area if
> willing to pick up.
> Sanford R. Silverburg, Ph.D
> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> Ha-Safran Archives:
> Current:
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.service.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!i6sIN3mXXK_5vvynNQc6sWf14k0Y7ReGEhAKLeVEOd9uP2jrcmsh5jIsbphR3amMGcQ$