Erika, good for you to have distributed that reply to us all. Now we see
through the facade.

Is the Red Cross clueless? Or deliberately obfuscatory? Lying?
I think we all know their history. The event that I recall is when the
Nazis invited them to Theresienstadt and put on a carefully-staged show for
them. I suspect that the Red Cross played along with that charade.

Here's a parallel:
 A speaker at one of the Toronto rallies, 3 weeks after October 7th, said
that he called the Red Cross, who told him, "We can be anywhere in three
hours."
"Okay," said the speaker, "then why aren't you in Gaza helping with the
hostages?" (It had been three weeks, let alone 3 hours!)
"Well," replied the Red Cross, "we haven't been invited."
"Invited?" replied the speaker. "Well, who would invite you?"
"Israel," came the reply.
So it's another charade, like at Theresienstadt.
Marjorie

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 8:27 AM Erika Dreifus via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>> cries of our beloved echo through the darkness. Innocent lives, from the
>> cradle to the twilight years, held captive in the hellish tunnels. The Red
>> Cross, charged with the noble duty of protecting humanity, we beseech you
>> to heed our call. Let the principles of your mission guide you to
>> intervene, to comfort, to liberate the hostages who await the light of
>> freedom. Today, let the world witness the strength of your impartiality and
>> the resolve of your humanitarian mission.

>> __
>> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
>> author
>> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
>> (AJL)
>> Ha-Safran Archives:
>> Current:
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!2TPmcgP7bdAv_JVOn3zrNFhe_U2h_ZCqIRfnoKF63uc4UjmOGmJQxTZjkxbe9Qysni5m5r_pix_1OgiaQyk_FZFmJH4wqlf8BDkJ$
>>
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!1a-RWxRstv740IJ2PYhzP_qYj3fPb2YGuMW_LjM6FGcMpanrzMorw6k3sdXFVmArFt_Jb5sa8Nt_FrRSPKGYqJIRB4ftc-ECJczZ3XA$>
>> Earlier Listserver:
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!2TPmcgP7bdAv_JVOn3zrNFhe_U2h_ZCqIRfnoKF63uc4UjmOGmJQxTZjkxbe9Qysni5m5r_pix_1OgiaQyk_FZFmJH4wqlf8BDkJ$
>>
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!1a-RWxRstv740IJ2PYhzP_qYj3fPb2YGuMW_LjM6FGcMpanrzMorw6k3sdXFVmArFt_Jb5sa8Nt_FrRSPKGYqJIRB4ftc-ECJczZ3XA$>
>> AJL HomePage
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!2TPmcgP7bdAv_JVOn3zrNFhe_U2h_ZCqIRfnoKF63uc4UjmOGmJQxTZjkxbe9Qysni5m5r_pix_1OgiaQyk_FZFmJH4wqoOUk8p1$
>>
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!1a-RWxRstv740IJ2PYhzP_qYj3fPb2YGuMW_LjM6FGcMpanrzMorw6k3sdXFVmArFt_Jb5sa8Nt_FrRSPKGYqJIRB4ftc-ECuNPLrjw$>
>> --
>>
> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> Ha-Safran Archives:
> Current:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!2TPmcgP7bdAv_JVOn3zrNFhe_U2h_ZCqIRfnoKF63uc4UjmOGmJQxTZjkxbe9Qysni5m5r_pix_1OgiaQyk_FZFmJH4wqlf8BDkJ$
>
> Earlier Listserver:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!2TPmcgP7bdAv_JVOn3zrNFhe_U2h_ZCqIRfnoKF63uc4UjmOGmJQxTZjkxbe9Qysni5m5r_pix_1OgiaQyk_FZFmJH4wqlf8BDkJ$

Take a look at my latest publication, the chapter "How Teaching the Full
History of World Slavery Frees Us from Selective Guilt" in the new book *The
1867 Project: Why Canada Should be Cherished--Not Cancelled, *edited by
Mark Milke for the Aristotle Foundation.
__
Ha-Safran Archives:
Current: