L'kulam--

I'm a research librarian, editor, and author: 8 nonfiction, 1 fiction. I've
just completed the final draft of Book 1 in a mystery trilogy set in the
Late Renaissance Venice ghetto and Safed. In my acknowledgements, the
person who will get the most plaudits is my editor. She wisely
suggested cutting all my unnecessary "darlings," suggested emotional cues
that drove the story forward, etc.

In my view, a book is a collaboration: author, editor, and reader.

Michal Strutin

On Sat, Jan 6, 2024 at 11:27 PM Daniel Stuhlman via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> who lives in Israel and for over 20 years he has helped authors get
> published.  He discusses aspects of book publishing that librarians always
> wanted to know.  It is only 30 minutes long and worth listening to.
> One bit of advice is an author needs a good editor.
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPeUSHuLDSU__;!!KGKeukY!14RPhyGX0dhRaCe4SvLNGoZpCDTcXMPoQ4pWAtYC_J2bjbfKhRqToOsqlhI1Aszw9RSSwln-EeGkdk6aAKOH7_ijN64z1Fyb$
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPeUSHuLDSU__;!!KGKeukY!zpHgxefPITKS9L48MQmZ-Tf4lCoHza_BKw1XhxxoPsoWlpjlqsBUCPHp7b8WYIlSSstjv7q0IgZR1K0m-PZoTxYNMxl1TyQqIw$>
>

> Donnie
>
> --
> Daniel D. Stuhlman
> Chicago, IL
> dstuhlman at  gmail.com
>
> Blog: Kol Safran
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sfl-ind.methone.opalsinfo.net/bin/home__;!!KGKeukY!zpHgxefPITKS9L48MQmZ-Tf4lCoHza_BKw1XhxxoPsoWlpjlqsBUCPHp7b8WYIlSSstjv7q0IgZR1K0m-PZoTxYNMxk207vOcQ$>
>
> Stuhlman Library catalog:
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sfl-ind.methone.opalsinfo.net/bin/home__;!!KGKeukY!zpHgxefPITKS9L48MQmZ-Tf4lCoHza_BKw1XhxxoPsoWlpjlqsBUCPHp7b8WYIlSSstjv7q0IgZR1K0m-PZoTxYNMxk207vOcQ$>
> YouTube Channel
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/@dstuhlman/videos__;!!KGKeukY!14RPhyGX0dhRaCe4SvLNGoZpCDTcXMPoQ4pWAtYC_J2bjbfKhRqToOsqlhI1Aszw9RSSwln-EeGkdk6aAKOH7_ijN1OY4lzD$
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/@dstuhlman/videos__;!!KGKeukY!zpHgxefPITKS9L48MQmZ-Tf4lCoHza_BKw1XhxxoPsoWlpjlqsBUCPHp7b8WYIlSSstjv7q0IgZR1K0m-PZoTxYNMxmZJTXShg$>
> LinkedIn
> profile..https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-d-stuhlman-b49a187/__;!!KGKeukY!14RPhyGX0dhRaCe4SvLNGoZpCDTcXMPoQ4pWAtYC_J2bjbfKhRqToOsqlhI1Aszw9RSSwln-EeGkdk6aAKOH7_ijN2e_JEH3$
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-d-stuhlman-b49a187/__;!!KGKeukY!zpHgxefPITKS9L48MQmZ-Tf4lCoHza_BKw1XhxxoPsoWlpjlqsBUCPHp7b8WYIlSSstjv7q0IgZR1K0m-PZoTxYNMxk-d_iVag$>
>
>  __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> Ha-Safran Archives:
> Current:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!14RPhyGX0dhRaCe4SvLNGoZpCDTcXMPoQ4pWAtYC_J2bjbfKhRqToOsqlhI1Aszw9RSSwln-EeGkdk6aAKOH7_ijN2vBtU5Y$
>
> Earlier Listserver:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!14RPhyGX0dhRaCe4SvLNGoZpCDTcXMPoQ4pWAtYC_J2bjbfKhRqToOsqlhI1Aszw9RSSwln-EeGkdk6aAKOH7_ijN2vBtU5Y$

Michal Strutin
michalstrutin.com
mstru...@gmail.com
@michalstrutin
423-612-8861

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.amazon.com/Judging-Noa-Michal-Strutin/dp/1945805749/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1654022068&sr=8-2__;!!KGKeukY!14RPhyGX0dhRaCe4SvLNGoZpCDTcXMPoQ4pWAtYC_J2bjbfKhRqToOsqlhI1Aszw9RSSwln-EeGkdk6aAKOH7_ijN-WDiEWn$

__
Ha-Safran Archives:
Current: