Obfuscated Haskell Code Contest
                ===============================

THE TIME HAS COME!

Haskell has now come of age and it is time to prove that we can do as
good as C programmers can.  Thus, the time has come for an obfuscated
Haskell code contest.  The contest is modelled after the corresponding
C contest.  But with Haskell we should be able to reach levels of
obfuscation that C programmers can only dream of in their wildest
nightmares.  Just consider the exception filled lexical rules (e.g.
comments), strange syntax (try mixing layout with no-layout), and
a semantics that is still debated.

The goal: a program of at most 1024 characters that is as
incomprehensible as possible.

Deadline: 1 Jan 1994.

Send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Full rules (stolen from the C contest) below.

        Have fun
        -- Lennart Augustsson

1st International Obfuscated Haskell Code Contest Rules
        Obfuscate:  tr.v.  -cated, -cating, -cates.  1. a.  To render obscure.
                b.  To darken.  2. To confuse:  his emotions obfuscated his
                judgment.  [LLat. obfuscare, to darken : ob(intensive) +
                Lat. fuscare, to darken < fuscus, dark.] -obfuscation n.
                obfuscatory adj.

GOALS OF THE CONTEST:

    * To write the most Obscure/Obfuscated Haskell program
      under the rules below.
    * To show what should NOT be done in Haskell programs.

RULES:

    To help us handle the entries, we ask that you follow the rules below.

    1) Your source MUST be 1024 bytes or less, and it must be a complete
       program, not just a subroutine.

    2) To help us process your entries, we ask that you submit entries
       in the following format.  Please be sure to include ALL --- lines,
       otherwise our extraction program may skip your entry!