alex wrote:
I'm very curious as to what people are thinking of when they join a
mailing list called haskell-art :)

Not entirely sure, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!

As for introductions, I mostly do audiovisual art using Pd ( http://puredata.info ). Lately (just before xmas) I got back into Haskell, having studied it to a reasonably average level of competence at university a few years ago.

I wrote a Pd "external" (other software calls the concept "plugin") that allows you to add functionality to Pd using Haskell (mainly because I didn't feel like learning C, Python, or Ruby to do what I wanted), and I'll be using that for audio-visual stuff. A screenshot of the current project (in very early stages of development) is here:

http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/gallery/coding/d01234/rev201-twofivesixspheres.png

Source code for the external is here, any/all feedback appreciated:

https://devel.goto10.org/listing.php?repname=maximus&path=%2Fhsext%2F&rev=0&sc=0

Creighton Hogg wrote:
The paper was entirely over my head

Most Haskell papers are over my head too :-/

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org