Henning Thielemann wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

I used Haskell (embedded in Pd) to generate the coordinates for the cubes:

http://www.archive.org/details/ClaudiusMaximus_-_Live_At_Shunt_2007-06-22

That is, you let a piece of Haskell code do real signal processing?  I
couldn't ever get enough speed out of Haskell even for simple tasks.

Speed is an issue, certainly, hence me asking about ghc flags to speed up floating point processing beyond what -O2 offers, but it isn't signal processing (at least in the Pd sense of the word) - it operates in Pd's message domain, and has to calculate a mere 19200 numbers per second.

I'll see if I can compare with a solution built with GridFlow, whose number crunching parts are implemented in C++, but I won't have time for a few weeks.