On Nov 17, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Benjamin Franksen wrote:
Yes, yes, yes. I'd rather use a different operator for record selection. For instance the colon (:). Yes, I know it is the 'cons' operator for a
certain concrete data type that implements stacks (so called 'lists').
However I am generally opposed to wasting good operator and function
names as well as syntactic sugar of any kind on a /concrete/ data type,
and especially not for stacks aka lists.

Would you be happier if it were the "yield" operator for iterators?

Yours lazily,

Jan-Willem Maessen

Just my 2 cent.

Ben