Here's some code I wrote a while back for computing the nth Fibonacci
number.  It has O(log n) time complexity rather than O(n).  It isn't
the most elegant example, but it should be one of the fastest
approaches.

import Data.Bits (shiftR, xor, (.|.), (.&.))
import Data.Word (Word32)

fibo :: Word32 -> Integer
fibo n = loop (highestBitMask n) 1 0
 where
    loop :: Word32 -> Integer -> Integer -> Integer
    loop i a b
     | i == 0       = b
     | n .&. i /= 0 = (loop (shiftR i 1) $! a*(2*b + a)) $! a*a + b*b
     | otherwise    = (loop (shiftR i 1) $! a*a + b*b)   $! b*(2*a - b)

highestBitMask :: Word32 -> Word32
highestBitMask x
  = case (x .|. shiftR x 1) of
     x -> case (x .|. shiftR x 2) of