I've been writing a Stringable class for my SoC project.  You can
check out the code at
http://darcs.haskell.org/SoC/fps-soc/Data/Stringable.hs.

Spencer Janssen

On 7/23/06, Bulat Ziganshin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Brian,

Sunday, July 23, 2006, 1:20:36 AM, you wrote:

> instance IString ByteString.Char8 ...
> instance IString String ...

i think that we should ask Donald Stewart who is patronized SoC
project involving development of such type class. If he will say that
such type class is not developed, i feel himself enough interested to
start developing such class. i can add this module to ByteString lib,
if there is no better variants

i propose something like this:

class ListLike ce e | ce->e
instance ListLike [a] a
instance ListLike Data.ByteString.ByteString Word8
instance ListLike Data.ByteString.Lazy.ByteString Word8
instance ListLike Data.ByteString.Char8.ByteString Char
instance ListLike Data.ByteString.Lazy.Char8.ByteString Char

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]