No, I wasn't suggesting that evaluate can tell the difference, just that you can add dubious "functions".

You can evaluate with eager evaluation and some kind of threads+fair scheduler. Both pH and the (short lived) Eager Haskell version of ghc did this. (Well, I'm not sure pH ever got the fair scheduler.)

        -- Lennart